Top 5 Reasons to spend a week at YMCA Camp Arbolado from June 22-29
1. Love and Appreciate the Great Outdoors! Between the beautiful pine woodland forest that surrounds our Retreat to the breathtaking mountain vista views, you will feel like you belong in our little piece of Wilderness Paradise. Come See, Hear and Engage with our local trees and wildlife!
2. All-Inclusive Price! Our prices include ALL Meals, ALL Programs, ALL Accommodation, and Transport to-and-from Camp from the East Whittier YMCA Family Center*. That means that once the price is taken care of, all you have to do is pack the bags and drop the kids off. We have everything else covered! *Family Camps do not include transport.
3. Our Camp is Full ACA-Accredited! This is not your typical pitch-a-tent and cook your own meals kind of Wilderness experience. Our Camp maintains high standards for safety and maintenance within the American Camp Association, and we pride ourselves on the passion of our permanent Camp Staff. We maintain numerous activity areas and facilities, that include a Dining Hall with Full Kitchen, an On-Site Pool, both Rustic and Modern Accommodations, and MUCH MORE!
4. Face Challenges and Build Character! Because children feel safe at camp, campers are comfortable taking healthy risks, setting personal goals, and realizing their dreams. Camp Arbolado provides children with the core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility. Parents frequently report that after camp, their campers better understand the importance of giving, are more equipped to stand up for what they know is right, and are willing to be more responsible.
5. Foster Independence! At Camp, children learn the responsibility of making their own decisions with the safety net of insightful counselors and staff in a safe environment. Campers can risk finding out what works and what doesn’t, while discovering new facets of themselves. The camp environment provides peer support that allows children to step up for themselves and realize their own sense of independence.