After all, we’ve spent the last 100 years partnering with the community to build a better you, a better future and a better us.
As a nonprofit community leader we are dedicated to providing community benefit and making a positive impact. We could not deliver the mission of our organization without the generosity of our donors, volunteers and community partners.
Each year, the Annual Campaign raises critical funds to support members and others in our community! Gifts to the Annual Campaign do everything from keeping our lights and pools pristine at our branches and YMCA Camp Arbolado to securing funds for financial assistance. Inviting other to join and support our cause ensures that that no one’s financial situation is a barrier to engaging here at the Y.
In 2018, thanks to the generosity of many people you made the following possible:
- Through our Open Doors Scholarship program 1,180 people were supported in their engagement at our YMCA. In 2018 we distributed a grand total of $257,255 in financial assistance to low and moderate income residents in our area.
- 1,471 people took swim lessons through our YMCA programs. Each of them gained confidence around water and reduced their risk of drowning.
- At YMCA Camp Arbolado 1,503 campers gained confidence and experienced unplugged adventure in the San Gorgonio Wilderness.
- We trained 863 kids who will be tomorrow’s leaders through our Youth Sports program. Participants focused on teamwork, positive leadership, sportsmanship, skill building, and perseverance.
- In its inaugural year as a Federal Food Program provider, the YMCA of Greater Whittier, served 18,000 healthy and nutritious meals to students who qualified for free and reduced lunch.
- 2,584 children ages 3-12 laughed, learned and grew in our child development programs.
- Stride, our program for adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities provided a year-long curriculum for 35 participants to continue their journey to self-advocacy right here in Whittier.
In addition to check, cash and credit card the YMCA of Whittier also accepts gifts of appreciated stock. Want to know more about ways to give and philanthropy at the YMCA of Greater Whittier? Contact the Office of Financial Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or (562) 943-7241.