Adult Swim Lessons
Swim Lessons For Adults In Whittier
Are you interested in taking adult swimming lessons in Whittier? The YMCA has got you covered!
Swimming lessons aren’t just for kids! Swimming is a crucial skill which can continue to be honed long into adulthood. Whether you’re interested in getting some aquatic exercise or you want to make sure you’re ready for a long day at the beach, adult swimming lessons can be a huge help.
The YMCA’s Swimming Program for Adults
At the YMCA of Greater Whittier, we provide swimming lessons tailored for both adults and children of all ages and skill levels. In these student-centered lessons, you’ll work to complete swimming milestones as you improve your abilities, one step at a time. As your swimming skills develop, you can take on more challenging courses.
Our adult swimming lessons focus on these five core elements:
- Personal Growth – Improving your swimming abilities by achieving progressive milestones.
- Personal Safety – Recognizing and following good aquatic safety practices as you swim.
- Stroke Development – Developing the techniques used in a variety of swimming strokes.
- Water Sports & Games – Learning how to enjoy yourself and get a workout with water games and sports.
- Rescue – Discovering how to help other people who are drowning. We also offer lifeguard training courses if you want to get certified.
To join the YMCA of Greater Whittier or to ask any questions about our adult swimming lessons, we encourage you to speak with us today!