Safety Around Water
The world is 71% water; so are your children 100% prepared?
Giovanni: “Everybody Can Learn How to Swim.”
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, the 2020 Safety Around Water sessions have been canceled. Please check back for updates on the status of this important program.
Drowning can happen anywhere with standing water. As a parent or caregiver, you need to equip your children with skills they need to be confident in and around water. With this confidence, they can develop self-esteem, discover new ways to stay fit and build lifelong relationships.
The YMCA’s Safety Around Water program teaches essential water safety skills, which will open a world of possibilities for your kids
What is Safety Around Water?
Safety Around Water are special swim lesson session designed to teach kids water safety skills that reduce the risk of drowning and build confidence in and around water.
A typical session includes:
- Exercises to help kids adjust to being in water
- Instruction on two vital skills that a child can could use if they found themselves unexpectedly in the water
- “Jump, push, Turn, Grab” & “Swim, float, Swim”
- Pool safety topics such as what to do if you see someone in the water who needs help.
- Fun games and activities to help reinforce skills being taught but for your child to have fun.