School Age Childcare (K-5)
Building Strong & Bright Futures For Your Children.
With so many demands on today’s families and the increased focus on early brain development, families need all the support they can get to nurture the potential of youth. That’s why child care at the YMCA of Greater Whittier focus on holistically nurturing child development by providing a safe and healthy place to learn foundational skills, develop healthy, trusting relationships and build self-reliance through the Y values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Our Affordable for All Scholarship Program is provided on a sliding scale up to 30% off weekly childcare fees. Ask your Site Director for more information.
What does our program include:
- Professional and caring classroom staff
- Staff trained to support distance learning programs
- Healthy meals and snacks
- Covid-19 prevention procedures (as recommended by the LA County Department of Public Health)
YMCA Summer Camp
- Monday – Friday Day Camp Operations
- Full-time and part-time options available
- All kids grade K-8th are welcome
- Club Now (Teen Camp) with age-appropriate activities
- Community Development projects
- Indoor and outdoor activities and play
- STEAM curriculum
- Personalized take away Projects
- Opening ceremony with an emphasize on team building (Week 1)
- End of Summer celebration (Week 9)
- In House Field Trips
- Weekly Themes to encourage child engagement
- Building Strong & Healthy Peer Relationships
- Weekly Swim Sessions
Keeping your child safe
- Health and Safety Daily Practices in place
- Covid-19 prevention procedures (as required by the LA County Department of Public Health)
School Year Rates and Schedules
Currently, the majority of our care options are priced as all-day only. As schools begin to adjust schedules, additional options will be added.
5 Full Days: $175 Members/$205 Non-Members
3 Full Days: $145 Members/$175 Non-Members
2 Full Days: $135 Members/$150 Non-Members
Part-time (8am-12pm): $105 Member/$135 Non-Members
30 hours a week or less: $125 Members / $145 Non-Members
A non-refundable registration fee of $75/child is required to hold your place. Any child is welcome at our branch locations, however, for off-site care children must be enrolled at the school to attend.
How to register online-creating an account
Summer Camp Rates and Schedule
5 Full Days: $175 Members / $205 Non-Members
3 Full Days: $145 Members / $175 Non-Members
2 Full Days: $105 Members / $135 Non-Members
Part Time 8am-12pm: $105 Members / $135 Non- Members *Preschool ONLY
Less than 30 hour per week: $140 Members / $165 Non-Members
A non-refundable deposit of $35/child is required to hold your place. Deposit will be applied to first weeks’ payment and a nonrefundable participation fee is due at the time of enrollment for the 2021 summer session based on weeks of enrollment. Please reach out to the Director for more information. Summer Day Camp is only offered at our Branch Locations.
Proudly Providing Care At These Locations
CARE AT OUR BRANCH LOCATIONS
OFFSITE CARE THOUGHOUT THE COMMUNITY
Register by clicking on the school your child is enrolled in. You may also come into either of the branch locations to register in person. Questions? Call the number listed and someone will assist you.
Grand Opening on December 21, 2020
Now enrolling Kinder – 8th grade at our new La Miranda YMCA Family center
New K-5 Care Programs coming soon to these sites!
New River Elementary School
13432 Halcourt Ave.
Norwalk CA 90650
2020 Fall In Branch CC Flyer
2020 Fall School Site Elementary CC Flyer
Rancho EL School Age