Chair Yoga in Whittier, CA
Are you interested in taking chair yoga classes in the Whittier area? Come see what the YMCA has to offer!
Have you been interested in trying yoga but held back by concerns over your ability to perform the stretches involved? Chair yoga is the perfect solution for you! It’s exactly what it sounds like: yoga exercises performed while seated comfortably in a chair, instead of on a floor mat. Because it is less rigorous than traditional yoga, chair yoga is ideal for those with mobility issues, including senior citizens and people with disabilities.
Try Out Chair Yoga at the Y
The YMCA of Greater Whittier offers chair yoga classes to help our members of all fitness levels get into better shape and stay healthy. Whether you’re unable to practice traditional yoga or you want a gentler introduction to the fundamentals of yoga, chair yoga is a fantastic option.
When you practice chair yoga, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- The stretches involved in chair yoga will improve your muscle and joint flexibility.
- You’ll be able to hone your strength from a sitting position.
- Your balance and coordination will improve.
- Practicing chair yoga can help you to reduce your stress levels.
- You get to enjoy a full workout from the comfort of a supportive chair.
If you’ve found traditional exercise programs too strenuous, chair yoga might be just right for you. Contact the YMCA of Greater Whittier today if you have any questions about our chair yoga classes!