Tai Chi Classes in Whittier, CA
Are you interested in taking tai chi classes in Whittier? Get the refreshing exercise you need at the YMCA!
Tai chi is an ancient Chinese form of martial arts which consists of striking beautiful and precise poses in a slow, gentle rhythm. This unique form of exercise allows you to stretch and tone your body in a relaxing manner, without all the usual sweating and panting. If you’d like to harmonize your mind and body while improving your balance, strength, and flexibility, tai chi will be a perfect fit for you.
Learn Tai Chi at the Y
The YMCA of Greater Whittier offers tai chi classes to members of all age groups and ability levels. Our instructors are well-versed in the art of tai chi and can help you to hone your own skills and exercise your body in a calm, positive environment.
Tai chi can have many benefits for your mind and body, such as:
- Tai chi focuses on balancing your mind and body, and teaching you how they work together.
- The slow pace of tai chi means that you’ll finish your exercise class feeling cool and refreshed, not tired and sweaty.
- You’ll improve your balance, flexibility, dexterity, and concentration.
- Tai chi can have a calming effect which reduces your stress levels.
- Taking regular tai chi classes can improve your general physical and mental health.
Tai chi is a unique form of exercise that can simultaneously improve your fitness and your peace of mind. Contact the YMCA of Greater Whittier today if you’re interested in becoming a member or signing up for our tai chi classes!