The Camp Arbolado Alumni Association is a group of people who are united in a common effort to support and enhance the mission of the YMCA of Greater Whittier Camp Arbolado and connect the families, youth and staff it services. The Association’s purpose is to create opportunities to celebrate and support our ties to YMCA Camp Arbolado.
One of our key focuses, in addition to nurturing rich connections with our fellow alums is to document the long and important history of Camp Arbolado and its attendees. You are part of that history and we want you to be part of this tradition to continue our fellowship down the hill.
Over its rich 91+ year history, Camp Arbolado has touched and changed thousands of lives. The source of that enthusiasm and support is alive and well in the alums who have had the privilege of participating in these transformational experiences. As alumni we will forevermore call this special place “home” and work to ensure that others continue to have the opportunities to be part of the YMCA Camp Arbolado family.
We are working to engage our alumni campers in variety of ways:
- Sponsoring camperships
- Connecting alumni, campers and staff with current happenings
- Camp work projects
- Engaging with camp staff on program and leadership
- Documenting and preserving YMCA Camp Arbolado’s long history
Anyone who has attended YMCA Camp Arbolado is already member!
- Priority camp registration for your family and friends
- Easy and early access to information about upcoming camp sessions and news at the YMCA of Greater Whittier and Camp Arbolado.
- Special invitations to opportunities for fellowship in support of Camp Arbolado
To receive updates on YMCA Camp Arbolado, click here.
For more information on engaging as an alum of Camp Arbolado please contact Adrienne Gibson, Executive Director of Financial Development at [email protected] or by phone at 562-943-7241 X5012