Kids Swim Lessons
Swim Lessons For Kids In Whittier
Sign up your child today for youth swimming lessons at the YMCA of Greater Whittier!
Being able to swim is an important skill for every child to learn. Swimming is a great source of exercise and fun for youth of all ages, and it also teaches children how to stay safe when they’re in and around water.
Youth Swimming Lessons at the Y
The YMCA of Greater Whittier provides swimming lessons for four different age groups:
- Infants (6 months – 3 years)
- Preschool Youth (3 – 5 years)
- School Age Youth (6 – 12 years)
- Teens & Adults (13 years and older)
When your child takes youth swimming lessons at the Y, they’ll learn from experienced and certified instructors in programs designed by child development experts. As they grow older and their ability advances, your child will be able to take progressively more advanced courses. Our youth swimming program revolves around five fundamentals:
- Personal Growth – Advancing a child’s swimming abilities at a steady pace.
- Personal Safety – Learning how to stay safe while in the water.
- Stroke Development – Honing the form and function of specific swimming strokes.
- Water Sports & Games – Teaching children how to engage in fun recreation in the water.
- Rescue – Learning how to help individuals who experience an emergency while swimming.
If you’re interested in becoming a member of the YMCA of Greater Whittier or would like to learn more about the youth swimming lessons that we offer, please reach out to us today!